Whenever someone asks me what I love about Memphis, TN, I always say it’s the great geek scene. I try to make it to as many as the fandom conventions as I can every year. I attended my third Anime Blues Con (ABC) after being away for the last two summers. It is one of my favorites out of the Memphis area’s convention scene.
What is your favorite part of your costume?
@Ghostycraftercosplay as Hiccup from How to Train Your Dragon 3 said “Definitely the leg. I got to learn how to do forge work from my dad. It’s a skill that’s been in my family for generations. So it was cool to learn it and put my own spin on it.”
Not pictured: The prosthetic is an illusion. The cosplayer has her foot kicked behind the prosthetic!
Steam Rocket Cosplay put 600 hours into her costume which took best in show at A-Kon in 2010. She said her favorite part of her costume is “The reactions it receives and the smiles on kids’ faces.”
What was an interesting challenge you faced with your cosplay?
@Jade_sneed2016 as Shalltear from Overlord
Some cosplayers from the gallery above:
- Blood Prince from World of Warcraft by @chalioucosplay
- Ur Stone from Dark Crystal by Steam Rocket Cosplay
- Big Boss from Metal Gear Solid Five by @lasercut_cosplay
- Officer Jenny from Pokémon by @teramaecosplay
- Sea Breeze the fursona by @tropicmaw
- Agunimon from Digimon by @dgin20
- Pyramid Head from Silent Hill by @bloody_roses_mean_love
- Ruth Higgins KottonKandieKosplay as Mimikyu from Pokémon
- Blue Trainer from Pokémon by @StrangeScottVA
- Sora from Kingdom Hearts (“if he were a drag queen”) by #gothicnerdcosplayer @venus_ann_serena
- Super Mario by @theredd_one
- Kortori from Love Live by @2xgayx2
- Edit 7/17/19: Pink Diamond from Steven Universe by @pastelgothsloth